Thursday, July 29, 2010

Cool, Clean, Water

Water is very good for you. For drinking, not breathing. You’re supposed to have 8 glasses a day or something like that. Now, I don’t mind water. If I’m thirsty, water works. But, with a meal, I NEED to have something with a flavor. Is that weird? I don’t think so. But I don’t understand why. It doesn’t matter what I’m eating: hot & spicy, hearty and flavorful, or kinda bland, water doesn’t do the trick.


I like to think that I purposely pair food and beverages just as good as the sommeliers at those cloth napkin places. This is what I came up with:

Steak – Merlot, Cabernet, (bold, red wine rich with tannin)

Hamburger – Coke

Pizza – Dr. Pepper

Asian Food – Beer

PB&J – milk (ice cold)

Mexican Food – Tea

BBQ – any combo of coke, beer

Italian Sausage w/ peppers, onions & mozzarella – Vanilla Shake

What am I (inadvertantly) leaving out?

No comments:

Post a Comment