Saturday, December 11, 2010

New discovery

The best things sometimes come from desperation. As I was looking for some sandwich fixin's for lunch, I found that the new loaf of bread was barely out of the freezer and therefore, unusable for a sandwich. I know, I could nuke it and defrost it in 30 sec. But I didn't want to wait that long.  So I had my ham and cheese looking for something, anything to wrap up this pork and dairy goodness. And then......there on the counter, 2 left-over pecan pancakes.  OK fine, I can use them, but what condiment? Mustard? Relish? Ketchup? Mayo? Maple Syrup?  What???? Yes! syrup.  Very good, sweetness of the syrup, played with the salt of the ham and the crunch of the pecans. A little sloppy, therefore eating over the sink was required.

Hungry now?

Eat something!

2 comments:

  1. Tony,
    I just read this (thanks to your Facebook posts) and was reminded of a certain Simpson's episode where Homer, alone, makes himself a pancake. He then takes out a stick of butter, slices of a piece and wraps the pancake around the rest ala burrito style. He then sits himself on the sofa and eats away. And, when some of the butter melts down on his belly, he calls the dog over to lick it off. Is your middle name Homer by chance???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, the difference between Homer and myself is that I wouldn't waste good butter on the dog. That's why eating over the sink, or OTS for the professionals, is so important. Clothes stay clean, floor stays clean, dishes stay clean and you can lean under the faucet to clean your face.

    ReplyDelete